How to prepare a Leg of lamb with fresh herbs from the oven
- 100 g of peeled almonds
- 6 anchovy of fillets
- a bunch of fresh herbs, chopped (delicious with lamb are: rosemary, thyme and oregano)
- 250 g of feta
- 2 slices of white bread, crusts
- 80 g of butter, melted
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large leg of lamb, deboned
- 300 ml of red wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300g green beans
How to Prepare a Leg of lamb with fresh herbs from the oven
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Cut with a sharp knife cuts in the lamb. Season the meat with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon a layer of the spice mixture over the meat and spread evenly. Roll the
meat tight and tie together with kitchen twine.
- Pour the wine into a roasting pan. Place the lamb in a roasting pan and sprinkle again with salt and black pepper. Cover with foil and place in preheated oven.
- Roast for 3 hours.
- Check every hour if there is enough liquid in the roasting pan. Add more wine if necessary.
- Remove the foil after three hours and then add the green beans. Ensure is uncovered for another 30 minutes in the oven until the meat and beans are tender.