How to make a Lacquered ham:
A traditional and festive Christmas recipe may take some preparation, but to put these painted ham all you have in the oven for dinner.
A stress-free yet impressive dish that you have enough time for your guests.
Ingredients for Making a Lacquered ham
- A smoked ham of about 5 kilograms, if necessary with flounder
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 tbsp cloves
- 1 tbsp juniper berries
- 4 bay leaves, preferably fresh
For the glaze
- 240 ml plum jam
- 240 ml of orange juice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch dried crushed chillies
- 60 g of cloves
How to Prepare Lacquered ham
- Place the ham in a large pan, add the onions, cloves, juniper berries and bay leaves and fill with water until the ham is covered. Then boil and simmer for 3 ½ hours simmer.
- Remove from heat and set aside. Allow the ham to completely cool in the liquid and store it in the fridge.
- Put the plum along with the orange juice, maple syrup and chill in a sauce pan and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes until you get a thick jelly.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C and leave the ham to cool for 2 ½ hours.
If necessary, remove the skin from the ham and make notches in a crisscross pattern on the fat and insert cloves on it. Ironing with a brush, with the glaze over the ham and bake for 30 minutes in the oven until the outer layer has turn golden brown. Let the colored ham to rest for 30 minutes, then cut into fine thin slices and serve.