The Super health Benefits of Pomegranates are highly numerous.Many surveys and studies have shown that pomegranates are impressively good for health.This is mainly due to the natural antioxidants that we humans need for our immune system to be optimally Stable.Of course there are many types of vegetables and fruits that can play their part but pomegranates tends to earn an extra ribbon.
What is the pomegranate all About (Health Benefits of Pomegranates).
The pomegranate has been around for a very long time. There are paintings found in Egypt dating from the time of 2500 BC. There are also era where pomegranates were found in the tomb of Tutankhamun. This was a Pharaoh from the time of the 18th dynasty of ancient Egypt. In all probability it was gotten for you to expedite his birth, because they believed so at that time.It was also said that the pomegranate tree (actually shrub) was probably the same tree that would have been in the Garden of Eden. They called it “The tree of knowledge of good and evil.” Because Adam and Eve could not resist this tree that made them to be expelled from the Garden.
The pomegranate bears the official name Punica Granatum ‘and is actually not a tree but a bush.It grows best in the subtropical climate and is quite old, which is up to 200 years.Originally it came from Persia and Afghanistan, but it is now mainly grown in West Asia, India and around the Mediterranean.
It is a round red fruit with a smooth leathery skin just like the size of an orange. The fruit is juicy, and has on the inside the large cells containing a seed which is 3 mm in size. Surrounding it is a piece of jelly.These sheets are not really good which makes eating a pomegranate somewhat cumbersome because it is intended that each cell is carefully peeled.
Healthy(Health Benefits of Pomegranates)
One thing that is certain is that pomegranates fruits are super healthy, their nutritional elements are very good and can be use to strengthen our immune system. However, it is believed to prevent diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer and Alzheimer’s and helps to improve the immune system .It has high antioxidant content (three times more than in other products like: red wine, grape juice and green tea) which is responsible for this. As you may know, antioxidants are very important to prevent diseases. Would you like to know more about this please read this article. “Antioxidants, a necessity for your health’ .
The benefits of pomegranate / juice (Health Benefits of Pomegranates)
Pomegranates tends to contain the following nutrients such as polyphenols, potassium, folic acid, iron and vitamins A, B and C. The following below are some of the great benefits of eating pomegranates:
- There are Scottish scientists, who claim that pomegranate removes the stubborn fat around the belly melting away like snow in the sun.
- Seems pomegranate juice help reduce the amount of fatty acids in our blood. These fatty acids are responsible for an increased fat absorption reducing the risk of e.g.diabetes 2 and heart related diseases.
- One glass of juice a day could make all the difference in prostate cancer. It would counteract the proliferation of this serious disease and promote the chances of cure and improvement.
- Pomegranates contain fytochecalien and these inhibit the growth of estrogen-responsive breast cancer.
- Pomegranate juice acts as a natural blood thinner, reducing blood pressure. Drinking of 5 ml of juice is already sufficient to reduce the blood pressure by 5%.
- Pomegranate juice could act as an inhibitor on enzymes responsible for damaging cartilage. example is Osteoarthritis.
- Research has shown that drinking pomegranate juice helps to prevent plaque.
1 or 2 glasses of juice a day will help you to prevent flu and colds or heal faster.
- Pomegranates reduce LDL cholesterol (the bad kind)
- Pomegranates relieve the symptoms of menopause in women.
- Pomegranate juice helps prevent premature aging.
- As mentioned pomegranate juice helps to fight against diseases such as: diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer and Alzheimer’s.
How to eat a peeled pomegranate? (Health Benefits of Pomegranates)
Eating pomegranate is somewhat cumbersome and therefore a description on how this is be done can be seen below. Cut the fruit in half and spoon it out or cut it into four parts and bending the portions outwards to detach the seeds to fall out. The white coats are not edible. They are bitter in taste. The seeds are decorative and useful as a garnish for dishes. The fruit can be squeezed like an orange. Strain the juice and use it for cocktails or other beverages.Health Benefits of Pomegranates